ArcReader Discussion Conference

ArcReader: General Questions forum

Arc Reader does not print   Natalie Russell-Fisher Jul 20, 2004
Re: Arc Reader does not print   John Shelton Jul 21, 2004
Re: Arc Reader does not print   Natalie Russell-Fisher Jul 21, 2004
Re: Arc Reader does not print   Mark Bockenhauer Jul 22, 2004
Re: Arc Reader does not print   Natalie Russell-Fisher Jul 22, 2004
Re: Arc Reader does not print   Natalie Russell-Fisher Jul 22, 2004
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Arc Reader does not print 
Author Natalie Russell-Fisher 
Date Jul 20, 2004 
Message I recently completed an application using VB 6 which calls up Arc Reader project (.pmf file). On the successful deployment of the project the user should be able to view thematic maps, identify and search for objects and print among other things. I however am experiencing errors as when I send the map to print it doesnt, but instead sends out a blank page from the printer. 

Subject Re: Arc Reader does not print 
Author John Shelton 
Date Jul 21, 2004 
Message Are you talking about printing a layout from a PMF? If so, what is the page size for the layout? Is the printer large enough to handle printing the page size? 

Date Jul 21, 2004 
Message The page size is 11*17 and the plotter can accomodate up to 54 inches 

Author Mark Bockenhauer 
Date Jul 22, 2004 
Message Natalie,

At the time of the print, is the ArcReaderControl displaying Data View or Layout View?

In Data View whatever is currently displayed should be printed to the chosen printer page, scaled to fit. If you are in Layout View the whole page should be printed.

If you open the PMF in ArcReader and print, does it work?

Mark
ESRI 

Date Jul 22, 2004 
Message I opened the PMF in ArcReader and print and it printed, its just not printing when its fired from the vb application 

Date Jul 22, 2004 
Message I opened the PMF in ArcReader and print and it printed, its just not printing when its fired from the vb application