You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis server forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Server Forums

ArcGIS Server: Installation and Licensing forum

ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced   Brandon Copeland Aug 24, 2009
Re: ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced   Tony Contreras Aug 24, 2009
Re: ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced   Brandon Copeland Aug 25, 2009
Problem with my Key license   V? Tr??ng Giang Mar 15, 2010
Re: Problem with my Key license   Derek Law Mar 15, 2010
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced 
Author Brandon Copeland 
Date Aug 24, 2009 
Message Can anyone shed some light on the differences in these levels of ArcGIS Server? I have seen the functionality matrix at http://www.esri.com/software/arcgis/arcgisserver/key_features.html, but this doesn't really help me much as a developer. This link suggests the only differences between the 2 are the additional extensions (3D Analyst, Geostatistical Analyst, Network Analyst, and Spatial Analyst) and the mobile sdk.

Is there a difference in libraries installed. For example, with Advanced, all fine grained ArcObjects libraries accessible, with Standard, only ADF libraries? Is the the correct way to compare them? How do I know, as I developer, I am building an application that will run with a Standard license? Are there any differences in the geoprocessing tools allow between levels?

In addition, what is the best practice when developing application targeted for ArcGIS Server Standard installation when working with an EDN license? I don't see separate installation disks. Do I install this one installation and switch licenses as needed using the post install? 
  Thanks, Brandon 

Subject Re: ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced 
Author Tony Contreras 
Date Aug 24, 2009 
Message All the same libraries should be installed with ArcGIS Server, the license level registered with server will determine what libraries or functionality you have access to. The standard and advanced editions should have no differences from a development standpoint. It is probably worth speaking to an account or sales rep at your regional office. This document might be equally as cryptic, but has more info.

ArcGIS Server Functionality Matrix:
http://www.esri.com/library/brochures/pdfs/arcgis-server-functionality-matrix.pdf 
  Tony C. 

Subject Re: ArcGIS Server Standard vs. Advanced 
Author Brandon Copeland 
Date Aug 25, 2009 
Message Thanks Tony. That matrix actually helps quite a bit. Its becoming a little clearer. I am speaking to our account rep as you suggested, but I thought I would give it a shot here as well. This in combination with my rep covers everything I was looking for.
Basic answers I was looking for are...
All assemblies (excluding some extensions) are installed and available with both licenses. This includes fine-grained ArcObjects.
Geoprocessing tools are different. Standard allows ArcView level tools. Advanced includes all.
Since installation is the same, a developer can work with both by just switching to the license desired.

Thanks, Brandon 

Subject Problem with my Key license 
Author V? Tr??ng Giang 
Date Mar 15, 2010 
Message Hi everyone!
My company has got ArcGIS Server 9.3 Standard key. We installed but when we use ArcGIs Server Manager to publish resources we got Error. Can not publish resources because Mapservice is not supported with ArcGis Server Basic Editor ( I'm sure our key is Standard)

Plz help us!
My email: vtg1985@gmail.com
Can anyone send mail to me how to fix our problem
p/s : my English not well, try to understand me. 

Subject Re: Problem with my Key license 
Author Derek Law 
Date Mar 15, 2010 
Message Hi Giang,

Please contact your local ESRI account manager/distributor to verify that you have the correct ArcGIS Server license file.

Hope this helps,
Derek Law
ESRI