| Report Inappropriate Content
This Forum is closed for replies.
||Unable to display localhost REST Mapserver in VS 2008
||Ravichandran M. Kaushika
||Apr 02, 2009
thank you for taking the time to read through this to help me out.
1. created a pooled service (non-pooled service does not work) with MapService enabled.
2. cleared the REST cache and set a periodic 5 min interval to clear rest cache.
3. displayed metadata about the service/MapServer in IE 7+.
4. when i used it in a simple XAML file/VS 2008/Silver light Web app option using ESRI sample - with no other controls, it did not show up.
6. i copied the contents of crossdomain.xml and clientaccesspolicy.xml from the web (same xml contents - 2 file name) and put them in /inetput/wwwroot.
7. server.dat and services.data were modified to securityEnabled=false in the .xml dom style files under the server folders and /inetpub/ArcGISInstanceName/rest folders.
8. made changes to the vs2008 project as indicated in this link: http://forums.esri.com/Thread.asp?c=158&f=2455&t=278132&mc=11
9. i also had the .xap - unable to download silver light app - made changes as per suggestions of this link:
all the above steps were completed - no map displayed in arcmap, google earth, or in the application.
vs2008 however consumes one of the esri samples and displays the map correctly. it does not show my rest map server.
thanks for your time.
||Ravichandran M. Kaushika, Certified GISP
Client:USDA, Fort Worth, TX.
mravichandran @ hotmail.com
mravichandran.geo @ yahoo.com