You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis explorer discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Explorer Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Explorer: SDK Developers forum

Query and select   Jay Kappy Apr 17, 2007
Re: Query and select   Elad Sheinfeld Apr 24, 2007
Re: Query and select   Jay Kappy Apr 24, 2007
Re: Query and select   Elad Sheinfeld May 03, 2007
Re: Query and select   Elad Sheinfeld May 03, 2007
Re: Query and select   Naveen Mandava Sep 11, 2009
Re: Query and select   Michael Waltuch Sep 24, 2009
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Query and select 
Author Jay Kappy 
Date Apr 17, 2007 
Message Question regarding Functionality of ArcGIS Explorer.

Is Explorer customizable?

What I want to do is give the user a form (or dropdowns, textboxes) to enter some data associated with a table.

I then need Explorer to create a query from the user input

Query that data and show (marker, graphic etc) its location.

I then want to be able to select that point and get the attributes for that particular record.

CAN this ben done in ArcGIS Explorer?????

THanks 

Subject Re: Query and select 
Author Elad Sheinfeld 
Date Apr 24, 2007 
Message Hi Jay,

If you whant to query local vector layers, you can do this from the code directly (by using QueryLayer).
To query server layers data you will have to use web services (your own or the ones made by the ArcGIS Server). 
  Elad Sheinfeld 

Author Jay Kappy 
Date Apr 24, 2007 
Message How do I code in ArcExplorer. I downloaded a version...its coded in JavaScript correct?

I am looking at what I downloaded and it looks like they have a query builder in it....This is what I am after.

But there is some real limited properties on shapefiles etc. Colors etc.

Is there some way to code that Query builder exactly into VB.NET?

I am looking to get that QUERY BUILDER functionality Exaclty how it is into VB.NET.

Is this possible?

THanks for your response...

Author Elad Sheinfeld 
Date May 03, 2007 
Message Sorry for waiting.

I don't know how the development team coded ArcGIS explorer, but you can code your task in VB.NET or C# (its what I'm using).
You can download the AGX with its SDK from here:
http://files.esri.com//ArcGISExplorer/Build380/ArcGISExplorerDownload.exe?token=5287BC3B-1422-1FC0-67998ECFBBE90D21

You can query data by code, it depends if you query local layer or server later.
For local layers you have "Query Feature" function. For server layers you have to do it by your self or by using the web services the ArcGIS Server expose.

The API currently is very limited, I hope it will get better in the next releases.....

Hope it helped 
  Elad Sheinfeld 

Author Elad Sheinfeld 
Date May 03, 2007 
Message Sorry for waiting.

I don't know how the development team coded ArcGIS explorer, but you can code your task in VB.NET or C# (its what I'm using).
You can download the AGX with its SDK from here:
http://files.esri.com//ArcGISExplorer/Build380/ArcGISExplorerDownload.exe?token=5287BC3B-1422-1FC0-67998ECFBBE90D21

You can query data by code, it depends if you query local layer or server later.
For local layers you have "Query Feature" function. For server layers you have to do it by your self or by using the web services the ArcGIS Server expose.

The API currently is very limited, I hope it will get better in the next releases.....

Hope it helped 
  Elad Sheinfeld 

Author Naveen Mandava 
Date Sep 11, 2009 
Message jay ,

Any luck in your task . I am looking for the same functionality . Please share your code .

Elad,

This link is broken please post the respective url .

Thanks,

Your help is appreciated.

Naveen Mandava.

Author Michael Waltuch 
Date Sep 24, 2009 
Message You might want to look at some of the add-ins in the Labs: http://www.arcgisonline.com/home/group.html?owner=arcgis_explorer&title=ArcGIS%20Explorer%20Labs&tab=content

Note this is the ArcGIS Explorer forum not ArcExplorer (an older product).