| Report Inappropriate Content
This Forum is closed for replies.
||Entry for SDE Instance not found in services file
||Muhammad Abdul Hadi Muhammad Abdul Majid
||Oct 31, 2004
OS: Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition
DBMS: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Enterprise Edition SP3
ArcSDE Version: 9.0
OS: Windows XP Professional SP2
ArcGIS Desktop Version: 9.0
Lisence: Arc View(Floating)
Nothing was changed from the default configurations(Except passwords).
Problem: When trying to connect to database from Client following error message is displayed
Failed to connect to database
Entry for SDE Instance not found in services file
1. Both Client and server can ping each other.
2. Clent can connect to database through OLE DB Connection.
3. Server can itslef connect to the service(esri_sde) and view spatial information.
Steps Already taken to solve the problem:
1. c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\services file is opened in notepad and confirmed for following entry:
esri_sde 5151/tcp #ArcSDE
Further more we surely to added one blank line after this entry.
2. Restarted both Server and Client.
Note: All connection attempts are done through Arc Catalog