You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcview 3.x users discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcView 3.x Users Discussion Forums

ArcView GIS - Core program forum

Avtutor   Chris Gardiner Apr 30, 2001
Check Control Panel   Randall Lau May 01, 2001
garbage?   Pieter Geert van den Beukel May 02, 2001
Avutor   Chris Gardiner May 02, 2001
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Avtutor 
Author Chris Gardiner 
Date Apr 30, 2001 
Message Is the very large folder (2.19 Gb) called Avtutor - located Esri/Av_gis30/Avtutor safe to deleate without corrupting ArcView (and 3d, Network, Spatial Analyst extensions etc) as a whole ? I need some hard drive space back !

Thanks

Chris 

Subject Check Control Panel 
Author Randall Lau 
Date May 01, 2001 
Message Best way to figure this out is to go in through Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs. If it shows up there, uninstall it. If it does not, delete it through Windows Explorer. I do not believe that AVTutor has any influence on the core ArcView program. AVTutor just has shapefiles, and data that is associated with the tutorial.

Hope that this helps. 

Subject garbage? 
Author Pieter Geert van den Beukel 
Date May 02, 2001 
Message After installation the avtutor directory is just 114 MB.
I guess there is a lot of garbage in your avtutor directory. Is this directory the default working directory and do you have saved a lot of temporary files?
The avtutor directory does not contain data but only a couple of subdirectories (depending on the installed extensions): 3D, ArcView, dbAccess, Network and Spatial. The data exists in this subdirectories.
If you do not use this data: as far as I know this directory is only for training purposes and is not used by core ArcView. 

Subject Avutor 
Author Chris Gardiner 
Date May 02, 2001 
Message Thanks for the help - both are correct - I have deleted the Avtutor file without any problems. Of particular interest were some very large temporary files that totaled a large part of the 2.19Gb - one to watch out for in the future.

Thanks again

Chris