You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcview 3.x users discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcView 3.x Users Discussion Forums

ArcView GIS - Core program forum

how to do screen digitize in arcview 3.1   redzuan ibrahim Nov 11, 2001
Re: how to do screen digitize in arcview 3...   Graeme Norman Nov 11, 2001
Re: how to do screen digitize in arcview 3...   Tom Blackmore Dec 08, 2001
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject how to do screen digitize in arcview 3.1 
Author redzuan ibrahim 
Date Nov 11, 2001 
Message i'm still new in this technology 

Subject Re: how to do screen digitize in arcview 3.1 
Author Graeme Norman 
Date Nov 11, 2001 
Message I hope to be corrected on this, but....
I don't think you can, unless you have some 'extra bits' installed. I have tried an image registration extension provided free by ESRI Canada, which did register images but they were always offset - ie didn't quite line up.
Good luck,
GN 

Subject Re: how to do screen digitize in arcview 3.1 
Author Tom Blackmore 
Date Dec 08, 2001 
Message If you've got a scanned map or aerial photo. Display this as a layer. Select view / new theme and then choose the type of vector file you want to create. Then use the drawing tool to digitise. There are quite a lot of useful features available if you right click the mouse while digitising. Such as pan and zoom.

If your initial image is not geo referenced you should do this first. Using something like the imagewarp extension http://software.geocomm.com/scripts/arcview/