You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcpad product discussion conference > Thread Replies

ArcPad Product Discussion conference

ArcPad 7.0: General forum

Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoXT GP...   Jared Barrett Apr 11, 2007
Re: Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoX...   Jacob Mundt Apr 12, 2007
Re: Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoX...   Christopher Thompson Apr 26, 2007
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoXT GPS Unit for use in ArcPad 7.0 
Author Jared Barrett 
Date Apr 11, 2007 
Message Hello,
I have a Trimble GeoXT GPS unit and I'm trying to import several geodatabases into it in order to use them in ArcPad. How would I got about doing this? I've tried once but I keep getting a message it needs to convert the files into another format and I'm afraid I'll lose data this way. So again, my question is, how would I import a ArcView geodatabase into a Trimble GeoXT GPS Unit which is already preloaded with ArcPad 7.0. Thanks, 

Subject Re: Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoXT GPS Unit for use in ArcPad 7.0 
Author Jacob Mundt 
Date Apr 12, 2007 
Message Unfortunately you cant. AP doesnt support GDB at this time. search for threads on check in / check out data, or you can manually send over shapefiles. 
  --
Jacob Mundt

VBS in ArcPad:
http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=15207

GISleuth Training and Providers:
http://www.gisleuth.com

Subject Re: Importing Geodatabase into Trimble GeoXT GPS Unit for use in ArcPad 7.0 
Author Christopher Thompson 
Date Apr 26, 2007 
Message The process you need to go through is to check your GDB data out to arcpad - this process creates shapefile extracts of the GDB feature classes you choose. You edit those shapefiles in the field with ArcPad and then go through a process to 'check in' those data - that process loads new data you collected in the field into your GDB feature classes.