You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcims product discussion conference > Thread Replies

ArcIMS Product Discussion Conference

ArcIMS: HTML Viewer forum

Cant View Map (LOADING VIEWER??)   Micah Callough Jun 05, 2001
permission denied??   Eric Cashwell Jun 05, 2001
Viewer problem   Micah Callough Jun 06, 2001
Loading Viewer...   Babu Krishnasamy Jun 25, 2001
Can't view Map Layers   Elizabeth Phung Jul 09, 2001
(no subject)   Scott Brunton Jul 13, 2001
"Loading Viewer"   scott Jul 10, 2001
Requested MapService is not available   Gary Schultz Jul 11, 2001
Requested MapService is not available   wijnand beke Sep 25, 2001
I might have a solution   Erika Jul 11, 2001
I might have a solution   Gary Schultz Jul 12, 2001
Does not display on all remote machines   Patrick McGlamery Jul 13, 2001
maybe a proxy?   Oliver Wesp Jul 16, 2001
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Cant View Map (LOADING VIEWER??) 
Author Micah Callough 
Date Jun 05, 2001 
Message SETUP:
I'm using ArcIMS3.1, IIS5 with Servlet, and latest Java Plug. It's all set up on a Windows 2000 machine accessing data on ArcSDE 8.1. I'm accessing everything remotely using the web-based manager.

Problem:
I created an ArcIMS website called test and when I navigate to the site it says "Loading Viewer" across the top. After a couple of minutes the browser stops and does nothing?

micahcallough@richlandonline.com 

Subject permission denied?? 
Author Eric Cashwell 
Date Jun 05, 2001 
Message I've had the same problem. Could I get you URL to see what is happening? The problem that I was getting was a permission denied.

Eric Cashwell 

Subject Viewer problem 
Author Micah Callough 
Date Jun 06, 2001 
Our server is not outside the firewall yet. Also, our problem is doesn't give us any permission errors.

MC 

Subject Loading Viewer... 
Author Babu Krishnasamy 
Date Jun 25, 2001 
Message My setup is ArcIMS3.1+IIS4.0+ServletExec3.1+WindowsNT4.0 server.
My HTML viewer shows "Loading Viewer...." line and that is it. Nothing else shows up.
But, this happens only with the mapservices created from "ArcSDE8.1 + Oracle8.1.7 spatial" data source.
The same HTML viwer works just fine for the layers created from shape files. For Example, the tutorial SFBusiness works fine.
Any suggestions...?
Thanks
Babu 

Subject Can't view Map Layers 
Author Elizabeth Phung 
Date Jul 09, 2001 
Message SETUP: Iím using ArcIMS 3.1, Apache 1.3.2, Tomcat 3.2.2 on Windows 2000 accessing shapefile data.

Iíve created a website called WMTA and when I navigate to the site the initial page displayed is a list of all items in the website directory. When I click on the index.htm, the site loads but none of my map layers are visible. I can select by box and results are displayed but I canít see any of the layer geometry. Iíve tried both the html and java viewers with the same results. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Subject (no subject) 
Author Scott Brunton 
Date Jul 13, 2001 
Message I get the same problem with Solaris 8 Apache 1.3.2, tomcat 3.2.2. Have you found and solution yet? 

Subject "Loading Viewer" 
Author scott 
Date Jul 10, 2001 
Message I am running ArcIMS 3.1 on an NT and trying to embed an ArcIMS site in a webpage. If I path the IFRAME to "default.htm" I get the "Loading Viewer" screen and that is all the farther it goes. Anyone have any suggestions? 

Subject Requested MapService is not available  
Author Gary Schultz 
Date Jul 11, 2001 
Message I have ArcIMS 3.1 installed with Apache web server and Tomcat servlet engine. Apache and Tomcat test OK, as well as the ArcIMS diagnostic tests. Created a map service in administrator and everything worked OK. I was able to open the axl file in ArcExplorer. Here's the problem.

When I tried to access the ArcIMS web site I get the Loading Viewer message, then receive the error,

Requested MapService is not available.

http://comgis2/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=aims31test

Has anyone come across a similar error?

Gary

Subject Requested MapService is not available 
Author wijnand beke 
Date Sep 25, 2001 
Message On this forum you found a "solution". When you do not enter the ip-adress but the computer name it works. But that's not the solution.
Maybe you know more at this moment?

Wijnand 

Subject I might have a solution 
Author Erika 
Date Jul 11, 2001 
Message I had the same problem but got some help from an email sent out to the listserv. Check the ArcIMSParam.js file. My permissions were not set up correctly, so every time I go to make a new website, I have to change my permissions first.

Here is what I got from the email, hope it helps......

The domain name specified in the browser does not match the domain name in the
following lines in the ArcIMSParam.js file:

var imsURL =
'http://true/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=SanFrancisco';

var imsOVURL =
'http://true/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=SanFrancisco';

For example, if a user accesses the web site using
http://204.225.113.3/website/sanFran, they will get a "Permission Denied"
error.

Solution

The best solution is to use a variable that stores the
hostname and uses it in the imsURL and imsOVURL variables. The ArcIMSParam.js
file already
traps this value; it's stored in a variable called hostName; thus, you
can make the following change in the ArcIMSParam.js:

var imsURL = 'http://' + hostName +
'/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=SanFrancisco';

var imsOVURL = 'http://' + hostName +
'/servlet/com.esri.esrimap.Esrimap?ServiceName=SanFrancisco';

This solution will allow the user to access the site using the hostname,
domain or the IP without having to specifically hard code the imsURL and
imsOVURL
variables. 

Subject I might have a solution 
Author Gary Schultz 
Date Jul 12, 2001 
Message Thanks Erika, the solution you provided worked for my situation.

Gary Schultz 

Subject Does not display on all remote machines 
Author Patrick McGlamery 
Date Jul 13, 2001 
Message I am running AIMS 3.0 on DellNT with IIS5 with servlet.

Our site runs fine on most remote machines, but not on others. Purging cache does not work.

Patrick 

Subject maybe a proxy? 
Author Oliver Wesp 
Date Jul 16, 2001 
Message Hi,
we have similar problems. Some users are connecting over a proxy-server that causes the problems. No solution yet. Check http://forums.esri.com/forums/Thread.cfm?CFApp=64&Thread_ID=43256&mc=8 for details.

Oliver