You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - ArcCatalog Data Creation & Import/Export forum

PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compatabili...   Aaron Kreag Oct 22, 2007
Re: PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compata...   janet leonardi Sep 09, 2008
Re: PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compata...   Aaron Kreag Sep 09, 2008
Re: PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compata...   caroline breton Jan 13, 2010
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compatability 
Author Aaron Kreag 
Date Oct 22, 2007 
Message I am trying to find a way to open map files that are made in PETRA's format in Arcview, manipulate the data and then save in Arc and export back to the network a PETRA file that other users can use.

Does anyone know anything about this? I heard there is a PETRA/ESRI extension somewhere but I havent been able to find it, or scripts. Any intel would be great, feel free to contact me offline at info listed.

Kind Regards-

Aaron Kreag
GIS Manager
EXCO Resources, Inc.
Dallas, TX
akreag@excoresources.com 

Subject Re: PETRA oil & gas software & ESRI compatability 
Author janet leonardi 
Date Sep 09, 2008 
Message Did you find an answer to this? I'm running into the same problem not being able to read any of the files in ArcGIS. 

Author Aaron Kreag 
Date Sep 09, 2008 
Message Well PETRA will import and export shapefiles so that is what we do here. I maintain them on my server and they are used in the Petra projects as needed.
Contact me if you want at akreag@mwex.com

Aaron 
  Aaron Kreag
GIS Manager
EXCO Resources, Inc.
Dallas, TX
akreag@excoresources.com 

Author caroline breton 
Date Jan 13, 2010 
Message any way to retain attribute data when importing polygon shapefile into Petra? have large geology coverage and ideally want to keep geologic abbreviations and symbology based on abbreviations.

thanks!

cari