ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - Geoprocessing ModelBuilder forum

Batches in Model Builder   Janet Gannon Jun 08, 2004
Re: Batches in Model Builder   Ghislain Prince Jun 08, 2004
Re: Batches in Model Builder   Stan Shelton Oct 27, 2004
Re: Batches in Model Builder   Garry LaBelle Jun 08, 2005
Re: Batches in Model Builder   Neal Etre Nov 08, 2005
Re: Batches in Model Builder   Charlotte Peters Nov 08, 2005
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Batches in Model Builder 
Author Janet Gannon 
Date Jun 08, 2004 
Message This new feature may have come along just in time to save me a few weekends at the office . . .

I have a model built that buffer and clips a survey track. Now, I have about a thousand of these that need to be done. There must be a way to batch process these in my model -- how?

Any help will be greatly appreciated by me, my boss, and my family!!

Subject Re: Batches in Model Builder 
Author Ghislain Prince 
Date Jun 08, 2004 
Message Hi Janet,
you have a few options both of which require some scripting.
1) You can expose certain variables (input and output) of your model as parameters (right click on them then select "model parameter") , then call that model from a loop in a script.
2) Export your model to a script, and add a loop around your buffer/clip operations.

What you need to get is a list of your inputs. If those are feature classes (in a gdb) or shp files, you can use the GpDispatch.ListFeatureclasses.

Have a look at the Geoprocessing help for more details on this. 
  Ghislain Prince
ESRI 

Author Stan Shelton 
Date Oct 27, 2004 
Message I can't get option 1 to work. Do you have sample code? 

Author Garry LaBelle 
Date Jun 08, 2005 
Message Did you ever get this to Work? I have about 1,000 files I need to "Generate" into ArcInfo coverages then I need to Append them then create a TIN of the entire area. Is there a way to not just select the file but the folder then have it loop through and place the new arcinfo coverage in a different folder with the same file name as the XYZ ASCII text file I am generating from

Thanks,
Garry LaBelle 

Author Neal Etre 
Date Nov 08, 2005 
Message Has anybody had success with this? I have created a model in Model Builder that selects data (for one month) and then performs a number of functions. I would like to create a loop in the model that will tell it to do the same function for each month and year and name the outputs accordingly (i.e January_2001, February_2001, etc). Any suggestions on how to do this? Sample VB code would helpful, if it's necessary. Thanks!

Neal
Associate
Industrial Economics, Inc. 

Author Charlotte Peters 
Date Nov 08, 2005 
Message There is an ESRI How To article that may help. It's titled "How To: Repeat-run a geoprocessing tool-batch style processing" article ID 26892.

http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techArticles.articleShow&d=26892

The article also references pages 12-19 in the Writing Geoprocessing Scripts book from the ESRI documention library.

Good luck,
Charlotte Peters