Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Dan Patterson Jun 15, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Adam Baer Jun 15, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Dan Patterson Jun 16, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Ray Carnes Jun 16, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Adam Baer Jun 19, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Adam Baer Jun 26, 2006
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Nathan Bruce Mar 06, 2007
Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of charac...   Steve Hall Jul 18, 2007
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject ModelBuilder Bug (replication of characters) or Windows x64 Bit OS problem? 
Author Adam Baer 
Date Jun 14, 2006 
Message After adding a model to a toolbox in ArcCatalog --ModelBuilder -- I have a problem with typing expressions into dialog boxes of tools. If I press the letter 'j', on the screen 'j' looks like 'jjjj'. This is the case for any character I enter.

This phenomenon occurs right after I add a new model to a new toolbox. It affects any tool within arctoolbox and elsewhere (e.g., those within the spatial analyst toolbar).

I have restarted both ArcMap and my computer and the problem still persists. I have also re-installed ArcGIS 9.1 and downloaded and installed the service pack 1 and it still acts up.

Any experience with this issue? 

Subject Re: ModelBuilder Bug (replication of characters) 
Author Dan Patterson 
Date Jun 15, 2006 
Message just a thought...try a different keyboard 
  Geomatics, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada 

Author Adam Baer 
Date Jun 15, 2006 
Message Does ESRI support Windows XP Professional x64 with respect to running ModelBuilder -- a program initially built to run in a 16-Bit environment (i.e., ArcView 3.x)?

If not now, is there a timeline for when Windows x64 and ModelBuilder will be compatible via a new patch? 

Author Dan Patterson 
Date Jun 16, 2006 
Message I don't work for tech support...contact them with full details 
  Geomatics, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada 

Author Ray Carnes 
Date Jun 16, 2006 
Message Hi Adam,

ArcGIS Desktop (including modelbuilder) is a native 32-bit application.

Starting at ArcGIS 9.1, it has been certified as a 32-bit application running on 64-bit Windows.

See "FAQ: Does ESRI support 64-bit processors with ArcGIS products?" at http://support.esri.com/index.cfm?fa=knowledgebase.techarticles.articleShow&d=29391 for details.

Ray Carnes,
ESRI Technical Support. 

Author Adam Baer 
Date Jun 19, 2006 
Message Yes, thank you for the information. Unfortunately, I was unable to get my problem fixed and our university's method of contacting technical support requires going through a third party which, so far, has proven to be a slow process. Therefore, I am re-installing a 32 bit operating system in order to get this problem solved. Thanks for your replies. I'll keep you posted if this fixes the problem.

Adam Baer 

Author Adam Baer 
Date Jun 26, 2006 
Message The problem was fixed once I installed Windows XP Professional (32-bit) on my machine. Just a warning to those who are thinking of using ModelBuilder on a 64-bit Windows OS, you might want to wait a while.

thanks for your replies. 

Author Nathan Bruce 
Date Mar 06, 2007 
Message So much for advances in computing, despite what the ESRI hyperlink say about 64-Bit Support, I am also waiting for a fix for Maplex on my 64 Bit. 
  Nathan Bruce
County of Hastings - Planning Department
Belleville, Ontario, Canada 

Author Steve Hall 
Date Jul 18, 2007 
Message I had this same problem but was able to fix it on my x64 machine. For future reference, one must install x64 SP2 from Microsoft and you will have nnnnoooo mmmmoooorrreeee duplication. :)

sth