You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - Geoprocessing ModelBuilder forum

Using Raster to NetCDF tool in model builde...   Meredith Payne Jul 06, 2009
Re: Using Raster to NetCDF tool in model bu...   Kareem Shihab Nov 28, 2009
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Using Raster to NetCDF tool in model builder --combine multiple rasters into one NetCDF? 
Author Meredith Payne 
Date Jul 06, 2009 
Message I am trying to build a model where I 1) perform some Spatial Analyst math tools on a ArcGIS raster and 2) ultimately output the resulting raster to a NetCDF file.

What I haven't figured out yet is how to iterate the first (pre-Raster to NetCDF) part of the model in order to generate multiple intermediate rasters that will then be turned into a single NetCDF file, where the time dimension is represented by the raster layers. Is it possible to use the Raster to NetCDF tool in such a way that multiple rasters are the input and one NetCDF file is the output? Model Builder or Python scripting advice are welcome.
~Meredith Payne
US EPA ORD WED 

Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Re: Using Raster to NetCDF tool in model builder --combine multiple rasters into one NetCDF? 
Author Kareem Shihab 
Date Nov 28, 2009 
Message Don't use the iteration function in model builder, it is not designed well. I tried to use it for weeks using netCDF files and someitims it works and sometimes it does not. Even working with VB and calling the tools, I have not had any success. I think the NETcdf tools still have tons of bugs, and cause ArcGis to crash frequently.