You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - Geodatabases forum

Unexpected topoengine error   vijay veer Dec 15, 2006
Re: Unexpected topoengine error   R.D. Harles Jan 09, 2007
Re: Unexpected topoengine error   Dominique Tousignant Jan 25, 2007
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Unexpected topoengine error 
Author vijay veer 
Date Dec 15, 2006 
Message I was trying to union two feature classes. before union, I repaired geometry on both of them. It gives the following error message.

KIndly provide me the solution.

ERROR MESSAGE:
Executing (Union_3): Union "'Database Connections\Connection to rsgis1.sde\LISS.newguj_liss\LISS.gj_p3b_correct' '';'Database Connections\Connection to rsgis1.sde\LISS.newguj_liss\LISS.gjp3br_correct' ''" "Database Connections\Connection to rsgis1.sde\LISS.newguj_liss\LISS.gj_p3b_correct_Union" ALL # GAPS
Start Time: Fri Dec 15 14:27:56 2006
Reading Features...
Cracking Features...
Unexpected TopoEngine Error
Failed to execute (Union_3).
End Time: Fri Dec 15 14:46:38 2006 (Elapsed Time: 18 minutes 42 seconds)
 
   
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Re: Unexpected topoengine error 
Author R.D. Harles 
Date Jan 09, 2007 
Message I get the famous "Unexpected TopoEngine Error" quite often. I'm convinced it's a memory thing. When I get the error, I shut down my computer and then restart my process from scratch and it ususally works fine then.

I was hoping 9.2 was going to fix these "memory" related issues, but I guess not.

Wish I had a better solution but that's the only way I've been able to get around the error. 
  -----------------
R.D. Harles
ADCi
www.adci.com 
   
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Re: Unexpected topoengine error 
Author Dominique Tousignant 
Date Jan 25, 2007 
Message Hi,
I just finish a battle with the TopoEngine error message. I try :
1- repair geometry
2- Getting more memory by closing and restarting ArcInfo
3- Dividing my shapefile into pieces (I had a file with 117 000 polygons and I dont think this option was necessary)
4- Before cliping I determine the cluster tolerance with the Esri tool and respect it

Finally I was able to clip my file. I think all the four elements are involve in the solution, number 3 depends on the memory you dispose

Salutations