You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - Data Management (General) forum

ArcCatalog > Repair Geometry   Nicholas O'Connor Feb 06, 2008
Re: ArcCatalog > Repair Geometry   Theresa Mulroney Jun 18, 2008
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject ArcCatalog > Repair Geometry 
Author Nicholas O'Connor 
Date Feb 06, 2008 
Message Oracle 10.2 / SDE 9.1 / Solaris 10

I have a Feature Class which has 350,000 polygons in a PGDB

I run the following tool in ArcCatalog > Repair Geometry and get the error message:

Repaired feature 301124 because of self intersections
Repaired feature 301381 because of self intersections
Repaired feature 301410 because of self intersections
Repaired feature 301518 because of self intersections
(DAO.Field) Anzahl der Dateisperrungen überschritten. (Fehler 3052)
Failed to execute (RepairGeometry_1).
End Time: Wed Feb 06 15:49:08 2008 (Elapsed Time: 5 minutes 38 seconds)

In English:

(DAO.Field) Anzahl der Dateisperrungen überschritten.

means roughly

The amount of log data is too great. Is there a limit on the Repair Geometry tool?

Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Re: ArcCatalog > Repair Geometry 
Author Theresa Mulroney 
Date Jun 18, 2008 
Message I've had the same problem. I was able to export the personal GDB feature class to a file based GDB that was introduced in 9.2. The file GDB has a 1 TB limitation while the personal GDB has a 2GB limitation to size. Using the file GDB the feature classes were repaired using the tool. Since you're still at 9.1, you may want to try exporting to a shapefile and run the Repair Geometry tool again. But as I found out reading other posts you may want to to export the data to a new shapefile, do some calculations using the field calculator, start editing - do something small and save the edits and the data will display correctly. The Repair Geometry for some reason damages the spatial indexing with shapefiles. You can also delete the .sbn and. .sbx files and the problem will be fixed.