ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - Data Management (General) forum

multiple polygons to one polygon   Stephen Eldridge Feb 17, 2009
Re: multiple polygons to one polygon   Ian Pryor Feb 17, 2009
Re: multiple polygons to one polygon   Stephen Eldridge Feb 17, 2009
Re: multiple polygons to one polygon   Ian Pryor Feb 17, 2009
Re: multiple polygons to one polygon   Stephen Eldridge Feb 18, 2009
Re: multiple polygons to one polygon   Ian Pryor Feb 18, 2009
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject multiple polygons to one polygon 
Author Stephen Eldridge 
Date Feb 17, 2009 
Message Does anyone know of an easy way to take multiple polygons and bring them together as one polygon? I am missing something here I thought that would be an easy common task. 

Subject Re: multiple polygons to one polygon 
Author Ian Pryor 
Date Feb 17, 2009 
Message Editor --> Merge 
  Ian Pryor
Stillwater Sciences
Arcata, CA

Author Stephen Eldridge 
Date Feb 17, 2009 
Message That only puts the two polygons into one feature it doesn't actually merge the two polygons into one polygon 

Author Ian Pryor 
Date Feb 17, 2009 
Message Can you clarify? Do you have multiple polygons that do not overlap spatially and you want to merge them into one? The editor --> merge command does that, or you can convert singlepart features to multipart. 
  Ian Pryor
Stillwater Sciences
Arcata, CA

Author Stephen Eldridge 
Date Feb 18, 2009 
Message I have never seen the merge in editor. In all my years of doing this. Thanks so much for your help. I knew there was a simple answer that I was just missing. 

Author Ian Pryor 
Date Feb 18, 2009 
Message Glad it worked. Be sure to "close" this thread and check the box that this answered your question. 
  Ian Pryor
Stillwater Sciences
Arcata, CA