You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - ArcMap Page Layout forum

Can you convert an MS Streets & trips file...   david cohen Nov 11, 2003
Re: Can you convert an MS Streets & trips f...   Alex Rickard Mar 23, 2004
Re: Can you convert an MS Streets & trips f...   Joshua Tootoo Apr 27, 2006
Re: Can you convert an MS Streets & trips f...   Joshua Tootoo May 03, 2006
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Can you convert an MS Streets & trips file to ArcMap 
Author david cohen 
Date Nov 11, 2003 
Message I am trying to redraw maps that are kept in Microsoft's Streets and Trips software in ArcMap. Has any one found a way or written a conversion program to take a Streets and Trips file (.est) and bring it into Arcmap? 

Subject Re: Can you convert an MS Streets & trips file to ArcMap 
Author Alex Rickard 
Date Mar 23, 2004 
Message I'm looking for the same answer. Any luck?

- Alex 

Author Joshua Tootoo 
Date Apr 27, 2006 
Message I am also interested in making this happen; any new information? 

Author Joshua Tootoo 
Date May 03, 2006 
Message One of my coworkers found a solution for me.

You need to install POIConverter (available at http://rjdavies.users.btopenworld.com/html/poiconverter.html).

In MS Streets file, zoom to the data and then "export map for pocket streets". This will create a .msp and a .psp file. The .psp file contains all the points data, but you'll need to convert it.

In POIConverter, open the .psp file and then choose save from the File menu. Save as a .csv file.

You can then import the .csv file into Access, making sure to choose deliminated, comma-separated file with " as the text qualifier and checking the "first row contains field names" box. This will import the data into 4 fields--lat, lon, name, and information. For particularly long records, you'll want to check for any information that may have been cut off at the end of the information field.