You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - ArcMap Page Layout forum

Custom Shape Dataframe   Daniel Gray Mar 02, 2007
Re: Custom Shape Dataframe   Rhonda Glennon Mar 02, 2007
Re: Custom Shape Dataframe   Daniel Gray Mar 02, 2007
Re: Custom Shape Dataframe   Rhonda Glennon Mar 02, 2007
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Custom Shape Dataframe 
Author Daniel Gray 
Date Mar 02, 2007 
Message I have been trying to do this for a while now, and cant seem to figure out how to make the shape of my dataframe in layout view, something other then a rectangle, circle, or rectangle with rounded corners.

If anyone knows how to do this, please post up! 

Subject Re: Custom Shape Dataframe 
Author Rhonda Glennon 
Date Mar 02, 2007 
Message Daniel,

Did you see this help topic?
http://webhelp.esri.com/arcgisdesktop/9.2/index.cfm?TopicName=Clipping_data_frames_to_a_custom_shape 

Author Daniel Gray 
Date Mar 02, 2007 
Message Yes, however this only works in the "Data view" not the layout view... I want to be able to make the bounding of the actual data frame in the "Layout view" a custom shape... right now I can round the corners of it, of even make a perfect circle if I make the rounding 100%, however you cant make it a custom shape..... this feature dosent seem to operate in this manor 

Author Rhonda Glennon 
Date Mar 02, 2007 
Message Your data will appear clipped in both data view and layout view. However, if you click the data frame to select it in layout view, the "bounding box" will always be rectangular (you can't change this).

If you use this procedure, you can turn off any borders of your data frame (Data Frame Properties > Frame tab) to give the appearance that the data frame itself has been clipped.