You are here: > ESRI Forums > arcgis desktop discussion forums > Thread Replies

ArcGIS Desktop Discussion Forums

ArcGIS Desktop - ArcMap Page Layout forum

Clip to shape data frame extent : drop shad...   Amelie Frechette Apr 17, 2007
Re: Clip to shape data frame extent : drop...   Adam Kiel Jun 13, 2007
Re: Clip to shape data frame extent : drop...   Amelie Frechette Jun 13, 2007
Re: Clip to shape data frame extent : drop...   Patrick Wilke-Brown Jul 12, 2007
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Clip to shape data frame extent : drop shadow? 
Author Amelie Frechette 
Date Apr 17, 2007 
Message Hi,

I found out easily how to set a border for a data frame with an extent that is clipped to a shape.

But is there any way to get a drop shadow based on that clip shape, instead of a border?

Thank you!

Amelie 

Subject Re: Clip to shape data frame extent : drop shadow? 
Author Adam Kiel 
Date Jun 13, 2007 
Message Did you ever find an answer to this? 

Author Amelie Frechette 
Date Jun 13, 2007 
Message No, I ended up doing something complicated with a mask (instead of clipping the extent to a shape).

For the shadow, I used a copy of the shape I wanted to use as the extent, and I applied a XY offset to it. Then I clipped my mask using the original shape AND the shadow(shape+offset).

The result is the same except that I have to create a new shadow and a new mask every time I want to change the extent of my map... (what I wanted to avoid). 

Author Patrick Wilke-Brown 
Date Jul 12, 2007 
Message I used this a couple of years ago with some success. If I remember correctly it adds a symbology method to the layer properties --> Symbology Tab.

http://arcscripts.esri.com/details.asp?dbid=13943