Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   Yingshan Yau Jun 30, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   René Enguehard Jul 08, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   David VandenBos Jan 15, 2009
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   David Plume Sep 12, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   David Plume Oct 15, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   Kaera Coetzer Sep 25, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   SK Bhamidipati Oct 15, 2008
Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window   Mosmi Yerawar Apr 04, 2009
Report Inappropriate Content • Top • Print • This Forum is closed for replies.    
Subject Error: Unable to set analysis window 
Author Josh Krueger 
Date Jan 31, 2008 
Message I'm attempting to use Spatial Analyst to create a slope layer and reclassify. Without setting any environments, I can use the tools. However, I need higher resolution. When I set the environment to a smaller cell size I generate this error:
An error was encountered while executing Slope.
("esriGeoAnalyst.GridEngine") GRID ERROR - Unable to set analysis window
Error in executing grid expression
Failed to execute (Slope_11).

Any help would be appreciated! 

Subject Re: Error: Unable to set analysis window 
Author William Huber 
Date Feb 05, 2008 
Message Joshua,

I have been unable to raise this error. Are there any more details you can provide? 
  --Bill Huber
Quantitative Decisions (http://www.quantdec.com )
More GIS Q&A at http://gis.stackexchange.com/q/3083/664 

Author Josh Krueger 
Date Feb 05, 2008 
Message Bill,

After continuing to work with the layers in my analysis, I'm starting to think that it has something to do with the layer or the document. I couldn't reclassify in the old MXD, as the error was generated. However, I was able to run other reclassifies on other layers in a new MXD, but the error occured in the other MXD with the slope layer. I've attached the layer if you would like to look at it. Thanks for your help! 

Author Josh Krueger 
Date Feb 05, 2008 
Message After reading the fine print, I will be unable to attach the file because it's larger than the 4 MB limit. 

Author Lize von Staden 
Date Apr 30, 2008 
Message Hi, I am having the same problem. Did you manage to sort it out? I have several grid layers that I am doing a map query on, and thought that it may be a problem with one or more of the grid layers, however, after trying different queries it gives the same error message on all of them 

Author Yingshan Yau 
Date Jun 30, 2008 
Message Hello there,

I'm getting the same problem too. It is weird (and frustrating :( )because the model is working on my machine but failed on the other one. The only difference is the different data source and ArcGIS SP version.. Has anyone able to solve this? Thanks alot! 

Author René Enguehard 
Date Jul 08, 2008 
Message Same issue here as well. Kind of a pain. It worked before, then I had to switch MXDs and now it throws this error. Anyone have an idea? 

Author David VandenBos 
Date Jan 15, 2009 
Message Good afternoon,
I realize this thread is pretty old, but I've just run into the same problem and wanted to see if you had any other thoughts.
Using ArcInfo 9.3, I used SA to create a raster from a polygon shapefile. In a new map, with the raster from the previous step as the only data, I tried to use SA to Convert Raster to Feature (point).
I immediately get an error window with two error messages: Error 010244: Could not set the analysis window and Error 010067: Error in executing grid expression.
It appears that the grid is complete (all necessary files) and both the data frame and raster are Ohio State Plane South. I've attached the raster, in case you'd like to see it.
It seems strange that I can convert the shapefile to a raster but get an error when trying to convert the raster back to a shapefile.

Any thoughts are appreciated,
David 
  LULC_2.ZIP (opens in new window)

Author David Plume 
Date Sep 12, 2008 
Message Hi Everyone,

Just to add to the knowledge base: I'm having this grid error in Workstation/GRID. I'm running an AML (Ancient stuff I know) processing loads of DEMs and started to get this error midway after about 150 dems. I found that if I quit Arc and restart the error goes away. Not too useful, I know, but a clue.

David Plume
Symmetry

Author David Plume 
Date Oct 15, 2008 
Message Hi, While working on a completely separate project, I encountered this problem again when doing some fairly simple feature to raster conversions. In this case I came to realize that I was mixing coordinate systems. In this case my .mxd was in UTM 13 1983 but the problem layers were in GCS. Naturally, the problem was solved by projecting my features into UTM 13 83 then converting to raster. 
  David Plume
Symmetry

Author Kaera Coetzer 
Date Sep 25, 2008 
Message Hi all

Not sure if this eventually was solved - but I frequently get that error if the Working directory (Spatial Analyst>Options>General)is not the same as the source folder the grids and masking data sets etc. are from. Generally, if I ensure that all files are from the same folder and specify as such , Raster Calculator works fine and that error ceases.

Possibly this may help someone.

Kaera 

Author SK Bhamidipati 
Date Oct 15, 2008 
Message Hi,

This problem is with setting in Options of Spatial Analyst. Possibilities:

1. The gridsize of output and input are different.
2. The function works well when the output is set to size of maximum of input grid sizes. It is also written somewhere in the Help files.

Atleast I could rectify mine with changes in these. 
  B Srirama K
Botswana 

Author Mosmi Yerawar 
Date Apr 04, 2009 
Message Hello All,
I am working on the final project for the semester, and at the eleventh hour i got this error msg ..on which my project depended entirely.
I got this repeatedly when I was using raster calculator from the toolbar.
But, when I did that using the toolbox..it worked perfectly for me.
so, I wasnt exactly able to figure out the reason for the error, but I got my answer using the toolbar.

Thanks!

Mosmi